[translations] Drupal 5 RC2 translation templates are ready

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Wed Jan 10 21:41:51 UTC 2007

Hello World,

I have made the updated translation templates available for Drupal 5
RC2. There are some improvements in Drupal core, which means slightly
more strings (but better translatability overall). There were also some
improvements and changes made to the extractor, so that these result in
changed templates. The main changes in the extractor are:

  - .info file strings are now folded into general.pot (for core), as it
turned out that users expect to see translated module descriptions, when
deciding on whether to enable a module or not. This is a usability fix
for the multiple PO file model we are experimenting with for later
packages of your translations. Read up on this distribution model here
if you are interested: http://drupal.hu/english/node/7

  - All .pot files have CVS $Id$ comments now. This was a feature
request, so that downloaded POT files have their exact versions in them.
This is in line with the suggested Drupal guidelines of every possible
file having CVS id comments.

  - There were some bugs fixed around node_perm() and time interval
related strings.

Drupal fixes add on up these of course. Konstantin already tried to show
some issues related to the fixes which resulted in string changes (on
19th Dec 2006).

Have fun fixing your translations, we are now very close to the Drupal 5
release!

Gabor