[translations] confused about dev snaphost release

Erik Stielstra info at erikstielstra.nl
Sun Feb 17 12:13:52 UTC 2008

On 17 feb 2008, at 11:04, Claudiu Cristea wrote:

> Hi Drupal translators,
>
> I recently have created the new structure/files for Romanian D6
> translation. I have created the new .po files
> (http://drupal.org/node/11311) and I have build the directory
> structure and move the files to that directories (using the modified
> build.php found in HU translation). Now my D6 translation
> directories/files look like this:
>
> ro/
>  modules/
>    aggregator/
>      translations/
>         modules-aggregator.ro.po
>    block/
>      [...]
>  profiles/
>    [...]
>  themes/
>    [...]
>
> I have committed successful this structure to CVS. You can find it at
> http://cvs.drupal.org/viewvc.py/drupal/contributions/translations/ro/.
The translation files should be committed in a flat format to CVS. For
examples you can have a look at other translations such as hu, nl, fr.
Make sure you look at the DRUPAL-6--1 tagged versions.

> I added a new branch DRUPAL-6--1 needed for development snaphost
> releases and create the dev release. The new release
> ro-6.x-1.x-dev.tar.gz was created (see: http://drupal.org/node/221670)
> even if is not displayed on project page (no official release is
> published yet!).

A development snapshot (6.x-1.x-dev) is created automatically by a
batch job which runs every 12 hours.

> And now... guess what? I downloaded the release
> (http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/ro-6.x-1.x-dev.tar.gz) and I
> open it. I found differences between what I have committed and what is
> in the tar.gz file:
>
> * I found in the release (in the root) two new files: LICENSE.ro.txt
> and STATUS.ro.txt which I had never committed.

These files are added automtically. You don't need to commit them and
should not.

> * The ro/modules/system/ directory structure is different. Mine is
>
> ro/modules/system/translations/
>  general.ro.po
>  includes.ro.po
>  misc.ro.po
>  modules-system.ro.po
>
> ... and what I found in the .tar.gz file is like:
>
> ro/
>  aggregator/
>    module/
>      translations/
>        aggregator-module.ro.po
>  [...]
>  system/
>    module/
>      translations/
>        system-module.ro.po
>    install/
>      translations/
>        system-install.ro.po
>  [...]
This seems like a perfectly normal structure. In the README in the POT
tarball (http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/drupal-
pot-6.x-1.0.tar.gz) the structure is described.

> No other comitters were comitted to CVS... see:
> http://drupal.org/project/cvs/11490
>
> Can this be explained?
>
> Thank you!
> Claudiu