[translations] Serbian and general localization questions

Milan Dinić liste at srpski.biz
Mon Feb 18 14:50:46 UTC 2008

Hi everyone!

My reason for asking here is Serbian translation of Drupal. There is one
on drupal.org but it is very outdated. I have some .po file extracted from
Drupal installation for 5.x, so I would like to share it to community.

I read whole documentation about translating on drupal.org and found some
informations, which I need to be cleared. Should I update smaller .po files
from this big one and then create an issue so someone will then update
project page or go directly to new localization server, which I found that
is on test phase?

I also checked one where I see several Slavic languages
(http://www.drupaler.ru/). My question is also are those localization
servers temporary, so after that all will be moved to drupal.org (i.e.
l10n.drupal.org) or they will stay in current look (separated for each
language)? If they move to central server on drupal.org, will all
translations be moved over there? Are those current servers updated with
new strings and are those translations automatically updated on drupal.org
or there is need for manual update?
We could create translation team for Serbian and thats why I ask you about
servers, since it would be easier to translate for Drupal 6 and for
numerous modules with collaboration.

Also I must ask you where I could find updated pots for 5.x, since those
here (http://drupal.org/project/drupal-pot) are from July of last year?

I'm sorry for my numerous questions, if you find time, please answer
them.
Thanks in advance.
Milan Dinić