[support] Problem upgrading from php5.0.x to 5.1.4

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Thu May 11 13:46:51 UTC 2006

On 5/10/06, Geoff Staples <geoff at radioleft.com> wrote:

>  We upgraded our server from php5.0.x to 5.1.4
>
>  Now, we cannot login. If we click on register or request new password, we
> get a result that looks like this:
>
>  {head} {styles}
>
>  {_BLOCK_.header.logo}     {_BLOCK_.header.site_slogan}
> {_BLOCK_.header.blocks} {_BLOCK_.footer.blocks} {_BLOCK_.header.title}
>
>  The sites are php 4.6.5 sites.
>
>  It looks to like a session management problem and a problem with the theme
> parsing.
>
>  Any suggestion on how to get around this without having to go back to php
> 5.0.5 and upgrade the sites first?

This is a tricky problem that is just popping up now as webhosts
upgrade to PHP5.1.  Fortunately, the resolution is simple and well
documented in the handbook

http://drupal.org/node/42080

That page explains the problem and possible resolutions.  It has to do
with PHP5.1 and themes based on the XTemplate engine (bluemarine being
one).

Regards,
Greg

PS - note: copied from
http://lists.drupal.org/pipermail/support/2006-March/002398.html :)

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com