[consulting] Volunteering / NPOs (was: Keeping Web Sites Updated)

Alastair Scarborough as at radaudit.co.uk
Tue May 11 21:08:27 UTC 2010

I do the same for one charity - I gave out logins etc in the hope that
someone might take up the baton but to no avail. Needless to say I still
receive requests to put content on the site. I have resolved to add content
to a blog with photos etc once a month - doesn't take long and keeps
everyone happy - the cause is an excellent one and keeps my conscience
clear. I have also added RSS to the blog - that said the initial work took
up a lot of my time. All said and done charities are not in my experience,
blessed with techies and they need help like that which this thread offers -
I'll raise my glass to those that get involved - Cheers

PS - if you want an inspiring read and no, this is not a plug, try 'The Boy
Who Harnessed The Wind' - it'll make your efforts seem very worthwhile.