[development] Drupal Answers: A Stackoverflow/StackExchange site proposal

Greg Knaddison greg at growingventuresolutions.com
Tue Feb 1 00:50:27 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Josh Koenig <josh at getpantheon.com> wrote:

>> I don't think we can delegate any part of Drupal to something we don't
>> control; I think that's just a non-starter.
>
> FWIW I don't think the question here is whether Drupal should do anything
> "official." That'd be up to the Association.

The Association doesn't necessarily drive new features on *.d.o. For
example, anyone interested in making g.d.o more friendly for this
purpose can get involved in a sprint Josh and I will be coordinating
for improvements to groups.drupal.org. No DA decisions or mandates
required.

> This thread is about whether or not individual Drupal developers want to
> contribute time to answer questions using a really well-made tool that
> already has reach to lots of people on the net. It's not made or hosted by
> Drupal, but it is pretty awesome.
> That certainly won't appeal to everyone, and that's fine. People can choose
> to participate or not. I don't think anyone is trying to get  the larger
> "we" to do anything definitive.

Yeah, agreed.

Greg

--