[development] Drupal Answers: A Stackoverflow/StackExchange site proposal

Justin Ellison justin at techadvise.com
Tue Feb 1 01:40:02 UTC 2011

One final email and I swear I'll shut up.  Originally I thought everyone
knew about StackOverflow et al, but it seems not everyone does.

You see, users have been using StackOverflow for quite some time to get
Drupal support: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/drupal

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/drupal>By my hand count, 16
questions have been posted in the last 24 hours, and almost 5,000 questions
have been tagged 'drupal' total.

The StackExchange proposal would essentially provide a microsite with it's
own theme and community separate from the main StackOverflow site.

So, really, very little functionality is being added here.  It's just making
things more community themed really.  As Josh mentioned, there's no request
for any real endorsement from the Association.  It's just a request for
people who might be interested to go over and register a commit to get the
project off the ground.

However, if a project is formed on d.o to create an "EntityUnderrun" install
profile, I'll be one of the first to revoke my commit on StackExchange.

Justin