[development] Drupal Answers: A Stackoverflow/StackExchange site proposal

jcisio jcisio at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 16:06:23 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Victor Kane <victorkane at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is the whole problem to the approach up till now: the documentation
> should not be organized top-down: this model has shown itself to be a
> failure. Everyone should be contributing to the Drupal Handbook
> documentation, and to the extent they do, they are having the loudest voice.
> There's no need for a "team" to exist on top of that.
> All they do is move stuff around so it's harder to find. Or take valuable
> Drupal 6 stuff out.
> Victor

There are two problems: the documentation and the forum. About the
documentation, I can see that anyone can edit most pages, except from
a few special pages that rarely change (pages about concepts,
policy...). Thus I don't see any problem about that. And it is not
different from wikipedia.org.

About the forum: there is no "team" on it, neither. The problem is
just that it is hard for searching (in comparison to StackOverflow
when asking a new question).

--
Hai-Nam Nguyen (aka jcisio)
http://jcisio.com