[development] Drupal Answers: A Stackoverflow/StackExchange site proposal

Randy Fay randy at randyfay.com
Tue Feb 1 16:21:28 UTC 2011

So first of all, there's nothing wrong with having lots of Drupal resources
anywhere on the web. And StackOverflow/StackExchange is one of those. That's
fantastic. Go for it.

Second of all, we need to do a way better job with support on Drupal.org. We
need to replace the forums with something that actually works, gets answers,
and then present those answers in a prioritized way so you can actually find
the decent ones.

Greggles has suggested already brainstorming for work on the second one. It
seems like we could incorporate into groups.drupal.org or maybe even have a
new support.drupal.org that might implement the ideas in this thread.

I just opened http://drupal.org/node/1047632, proposing that we open a
support.drupal.org for the exact purposes in this thread. If you're willing
to work on this (or modify the idea here) please chime in there with your
willingness to flesh this out.

-Randy

--
Randy Fay