[development] Drupal Answers: A Stackoverflow/StackExchange site proposal

Greg Knaddison greg at growingventuresolutions.com
Tue Feb 1 16:30:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Randy Fay <randy at randyfay.com> wrote:
> Second of all, we need to do a way better job with support on Drupal.org. We
> need to replace the forums with something that actually works, gets answers,
> and then present those answers in a prioritized way so you can actually find
> the decent ones.
>
> Greggles has suggested already brainstorming for work on the second one. It
> seems like we could incorporate into groups.drupal.org or maybe even have a
> new support.drupal.org that might implement the ideas in this thread.

Yeah, g.d.o already has voting on comments. With some new (optional)
sorting of comments and theming we could show "OP voted +1 on this" or
even add some flag integration to let the OP choose a "right" answer.

To be clear: I think stackexchange sites are great and we can use and
promote them as well, but that doesn't mean we should let our own
tools languish.

> I just opened http://drupal.org/node/1047632, proposing that we open a
> support.drupal.org for the exact purposes in this thread. If you're willing
> to work on this (or modify the idea here) please chime in there with your
> willingness to flesh this out.

For anyone who missed it: On the code sprint day in Chicago we'll have
a sprint for Groups.Drupal.org. Josh Koenig, me, others, fun!

Cheers,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | 720-310-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com